Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Get Involved




So lately, I feel like I should consume myself with God from friendships, family, and the way I live my life. I don't know why I feel like this but I can feel God pulling me closer to him. I have much to learn about this man but it feels so right.

Next week, I am going to attend the restoration: peer counseling training class. This training is 24 weeks long where Rock Harbor trains us in biblical counseling. It's pretty intense! The problem with this volunteer work is the training falls during the same time and day as my Life Group. That means, I will have to pick one. My heart is telling me to branch out and be involved at church as a peer counselor. Having the opportunity to do this will give me work experience for grad school, get involved at church, and help me decide if counseling is what I want to do as my career.

Random thought, but I'm thinking on taking up a hobby. Probably not snowboarding again however, photography is looking interesting (and no I'm not taking "pic-chas" cause I'm Asian) I know what you all are thinking. It totally fits into my stereotype I know. My friends somehow like to make fun of me because I love taking photos. Okay well maybe it is an Asian thing but what can I say, I am Asian.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Before God made the world...during the
"In the begin God made the heavens and the earth" stuff
DO you think he knew he was creating an earth where sin would run amok?

Was God testing Eve (and latter Adam) by letting satan attempt to tempt them?

SO then did God create an imperfect earth on purpose?


as far as I am concerned, God knows how to one thing: good.

but my friend was just wondering those things today, just wondering what you thought. A thought from someone I dont know, know what I mean?

Anonymous said...

huh?

Anonymous said...

johnny.. i was reading over and over your message and i finally came to a conclusion of what i thought.

I think God created this earth and while god was creating the earth, there was always the devil there creating evil.

As for Adam & Eve, I don't think that God lets Satan tempt them, I think that God gives you choices and it was Adam and Eve's choice to fall into sin. That Satan always try to get ppl away from God however, it's up to us which path we choose to get to God (if your a believer at that present time)

Those are some awesome questions! Thanks so much for asking : )

What do u think about those questions?