Monday, February 18, 2008

New Place in Silverlake

Last week Stephanie, Jenny, and I got the place in Silverlake. It's the most amazing feeling to be able to go home to a place that feels like home and to spend this opportunity with two wonderful people. It's going to be a great journey the next two year to live with Steph and Jenny. I don't know them very well but what I DO know is that they are caring down to earth people. Our home is open to anyone who likes to come over. I think that our place is going to be "off the hook" (better than cool for you non ghetto people) because we are going to try to lead our "East Side Pride - Bible Study" at our place along with craft night and other events...cook offs and movie night. I can imagine it already... people coming in and out of our house all the time. This will be great to be able to have that fellowship.

Another great thing about having Jenny and Steph as roommates are their passion is art and music (just like me). They both play the guitar and Steph is a professional vocalist. I can't wait to move in with them.

So lately I have been noticing that God has been teaching me patients to learn to give, and to cherish each moment of my life. To not waste time and to spend these moments with people I love and care about.

Also, that my faith has been growing and I can see myself trusting God with my life. Not to make my own decisions and fall into temptation. I have been repenting those things I once thought was wonderful. I have finally giving my life and soul full hearted to the Lord. It's a great feeling to obey and discipline myself for God.

One of my best friends moved back to Taiwan last week. It was really hard to see him leave because he was forced to go back. I won't see him for a year and a half to two years. We both cried really hard. I never had someone so close to me that I loved so much leave. Hanging out with this person and knowing that he was always there for me, it made it harder to see him go. It was a good time for him to leave because I need to learn to be independent and not to rely on him. This gives me an opportunity share this closeness I had with him with other people. God definitely did this at the right time for what I am going through in my life right now. He put these roommates in my life and I've noticed that I'm never alone. I always have people who care about me there and it's such a blessing. I'm sure a lot is going to change when he comes back but I am so proud of him for finally going back to finish his time in the Army. He can finally come back to and pursue what he always wanted to be.. a musician.


Wow I'm getting really sleepy from the San Francisco trip with Amy, Anita, and Kristen. Such a great trip! We all really needed a vacation.

No comments: